Daan van den Broek Meteo services
Are you looking for meteorological consultancy? Are you in need of a weather forecast? Do you need help with explaining a certain meteorological phenomenon? Are you wondering how a certain weather phenomenon is expected to change in a warming climate? I can provide information about a wide range of meteorological and climatological topics.
The services I offer with my freelance company Daan van den Broek Meteo Services Tmi (Finnish Business ID: 3204022-6) include:
- Personalized Weather Forecasts: I provide customized weather forecasts to meet your specific needs.
- Weather and Climate Information Services: I offer in-depth analysis of past, current and future weather patterns and their impact.
- News Article Writing: I assist you in writing informative and engaging news articles about weather and climate-related topics, ensuring that the information is accurate, relevant, and engaging.
- Meteorological and Climatological Research: specialized assistance in meteorological and climatological research, including field work, data analysis, and data interpretation.
- Climate Adaptation and Mitigation: I provide information and support on climate adaptation and mitigation strategies, helping you develop effective plans to minimize the impact of climate change on your operations and reduce your carbon footprint.
In addition to these services, I am also available for blog and article writing on a range of topics, including travel, studying abroad, weather, and scientific matters. If you’re interested in learning more about my services or want to get in touch, click here and I will get back to you as soon as possible. For more information about me, please click here. Below, you can find my CV.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
I am a freelancer and meteorologist with a bachelor’s degree in Soil, Water, Atmosphere. In my bachelor, completed at the Wageningen University, I specialized in meteorology and I did a minor in Polar Oceanography, Climatology and Meteorology at the University Center in Svalbard (UNIS) in the Arctic. I completed my bachelors with a dissertation on ‘Cyclogenesis over Northeastern Greenland‘, which I finished with grade 8/10.
Currently, I am studying the master program Atmospheric Sciences with study track meteorology at the University of Helsinki. During the fall of 2022, I again studied at UNIS in Longyearbyen. This time, I completed a course in Air-Ice-Sea Interactions II.
In all studies, I have conducted fieldwork. At UNIS, I went on a scientific cruise twice and gained experience in fieldwork under exceptional circumstances. Besides studying, I have work experience as a meteorologist, research assistant and blogger.
I worked for Dutch weather websites alpenweerman.nl (from oktober 2016 to oktober 2020) and weeronline.nl (from march 2019 to september 2019). Since september 2019, I work for Weer.nl. For this website, I write weather forecasts, both on the website, for the general public, as well as for radiostations and mediapartners. Also, I write weather and climate related news articles. I am a skilled writer, with an aptitude for scientific communication to the general public.
In the summers of 2021 & 2022, I worked as a summer worker for the Institute for Atmospheric and Earth System Research (INAR). Here I was a research assistant and contributed to research on extratropical cyclones.
In the fall of 2022 and 2023, I will do my master’s thesis at the Finnish Meteorological Institute and will conduct research regarding supercell thunderstorm environments in Finland.